Wiley Post was a founder and served as general chairman
of the International Aviation Snow Symposium for 20 years.
Here are some highlights of his career:
- In 1936, Post earned a degree in aviation administration and then began flying for an air-commuter service.
- He served as manager of Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton Airport (ABE) from 1938 to 1983.
- During World War II, Post organized the base operation at ABE Airport that trained more than 1,500 aviation cadets.
- In 1940, he became a charter member of the National Aviation Trades Association and served on its Board of Directors.
- He was an Accredited Airport Executive, who served on the Board of Directors of the American Association of Airport Executives.
- Post was an active member of the Northeast Chapter/AAAE until his death in November 1996.