New ideas offer solutions to important issues pertaining to snow removal and the many tasks associated with it! The International Aviation Snow Symposium conducts an Idea Corner, which is fashioned after the American Association of Airport Executives Idea Corner held at the Annual Conference each year. Our Idea Corner is open to anyone in airport management, operations or maintenance. Judging is by ballot during the Snow Symposium. First place will receive $300, second place will receive $200 and third place will receive $100.
Ideas that are entered are displayed on a continous loop on a video screen thoughout the event. Your submissions should be sent via video, powerpoint or photo format by March 25th, 2019. The video you submit will need to be no longer than 1.5 minutes and should include the development and operation of your product. The video can be taken using your phone or video camera and may be a collection of video clips. We will gladly take care of any final editing for you if necessary.
ENTRY DEADLINE IS MARCH 25th, 2019
Accepted Entry Types:
- Video - no longer than 1.5 minutes
- Photos - up to 10 photos
- Slides - up to 5 Power Point Slides
- Your entry needs to relate to one of the following:
- A winter weather condition at an airport such as snow or ice removal
- Equipment modification or new equipment made exclusively by entrant and not by a manufacturer
- Devices to better measure runway or airport weather conditions, etc.
- Along with your submission, please include the name of the facility where you work, your name and title along with the other people involved with product development and a brief description explaining what you've done.
- Entries may be submitted by portable storage device (thumb drive or Compact Disc) or uploaded to social media site or cloud storage (youtube.com, vimeo.com, dropbox.com) and a link emailed to us.
- All entries must be received by MARCH 25th, 2019 to allow time for processing. Any entries received after this date will not be accepted due to the time required to edit and develop the Idea Corner display at the Snow Symposium.
TO SUBMIT VIA STORAGE DEVICE:
Label your submission as 'IDEA CORNER' and include name of airport and person submitting the entry. Mail your submission on a USB storage drive or compact disc to;
Perfect Landing Media
Attn: I.A.S.S. IDEA CORNER
P.O. Box 132
Marcellus, NY 13108
TO SUBMIT VIA SOCIAL MEDIA OR OTHER CLOUD STORAGE:
Upload your entry to the social media site or cloud storage site of your choice (YouTube.com, Vimeo.com, Dropbox.com) and email us a link to the video with 'IDEA CORNER: NAME OF AIRPORT' in the subject line. Be sure to include your name and any other contact details in the body of the email. Email the entry to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you have any questions about submitting your videos or need assistance, please call Jamie Mayer, Perfect Landing Media at (315) 401-0676 or email email@example.com.
All submissions become the property of the International Aviation Snow Symposium.